Thursday, May 24, 2012

Matti Paints - Subject Chad (2!)

Chad is a gentle soul.
He's a very close friend of mine which is funny considering it feels like we've known each other for much longer than I realized at first.
There are many similarities between Chad and the the other Chad I got to paint. Both are in Toronto, both are lawyers... I figured that alone was worth mentioning! But the fact that they both wanted to participate in this... I just find that amusing.
So here we are, I've just finished my 15th canvas and by now I'm starting to notice patterns. A lot of focus on blues and purples, a large amount of wavy lines, and lately I've developed the need to reflect certain traits about myself. However, as a whole, I'm finding more and more I can begin to work on things that at first I didn't think I could do. I've been working on patching- making the skin look more like patches held together by glue, or adding details to lines that before would look flat and uninteresting.




However, one thing I've noticed is that everyone who walks through these doors is usually put at ease pretty quickly. Within the first few strokes of the brush I could feel Chad relax, and as such I was able to create something unique and lovely. 
Overall, I'm quite happy with the results.
Presenting Chad, (The second):

No comments:

Post a Comment