Saturday, May 19, 2012

Matti Paints- Subject Eric

This is Eric: 
 
Eric is a very interesting character from my past, and to my great privilege and delight, we have had a great time being co-workers at Second Cup.  He's a very strong man with a great heart. At first glance he may seem like a bit of a space case, and this is why I love him. And why he loves kittens.
After some convincing from the other victims from today (impromptu house party at my house? yes please!) He agreed and he eagerly dove into the paints.
In fact, he had his song list picked out and his paints ready to go before I even got to snap the first picture. First time that happened, so that was a nice little surprise.

Pink, Purple, Brown, Gold and Silver
 I was quite surprised by his palate choice. The pink and the purple were very complimentary, but he was also the first person to choose a brown which I found interesting. Eric hasn't particularly stricken me as a fan of brown before, so I found this a little surprising. The gold and the silver were choices that I wasn't as surprised by, but being the down-to-earth fellow he is, it created an interesting contrast. On the previous bodies I found these colours tended to almost resist being seen, and as a result ended up usually being applied very lightly, but on Eric they almost seemed to stand out. It was as if his skin was the luminescence that was sorely needed by the paints. 
On a completely other note: we both LOVE Carly Rae Jepsen. I'm thankful someone put her in their song list (Glares at Tom - who assured him that the song would be in the list, but who neglected to put the song in the actual playlist)
I wanted to make Eric strong. I wanted to make him iridescent. I wanted his personality to shine through and to make him appear capable and exciting.
In the end I think I ended up with what would happen if the Tin Man were a trojan soldier in a Tim Burton movie.


Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Song 4

Song 8

And now, presenting my good friend Eric:




No comments:

Post a Comment