Monday, June 25, 2012

Matti Paints - Subject Jackie

When painting Jackie I was up against a unique nemesis: exhaustion.
When I traveled to North Bay I did most of these canvases in one day.
Katie in the morning, Brea and Mandy in the afternoon, and I didn't get to my next paintings until after I'd gone and met Jackie, Nate and Heather at the bar. We didn't get back until my place until two and considering each painting takes about two hours it was pushing 3-4 by the time I even got to begin Jackie's painting. Initially I was afraid this would impact the painting, and to an extent it did, but the biggest impact it had was on the photograph!
I was lucky with Nate and Heather because it was Jackie who was there to oversee everything.
With Jackie, the photo responsibility was on my shoulders and as a result, I ended up with many, many blurry photos.
However, if there's one person who can still look pretty in a blurry shot it's Jackie. Her heart shines through everything she does.
I'm happy with how her paint job turned out. It reminds me of some sort of Celtic fairy.
I wish I could've got a better shot to truly do her and the paint job justice, but despite the troubles I'm glad it turned out as well as it did. Jackie is a true friend and will always shine on in my heart. I think she looks beautiful and am very happy that she decided to be a part of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment