Sunday, July 8, 2012

Matti Paints - Subject Tenille

Please note that this is not the Captain and Tenille, Tenille. But that was the name of her old dog.
Tenille was stunning. From the first time we met I knew I had to paint her. Mainly because she showed up and my house after a month of exchanging potential painting dates, but it was nice to finally settle down with her and add her to my canvas collection.
 Her colour choices were so far up my alley I couldn't have asked for a better palate. That combined with a random yet fun playlist made the experience seem almost too good to be true.
During the canvas session, our talks went from fanciful and hopes and dreams to heavier talks of life and death. There was a beautiful yet simple dynamic at work. A pushing and pulling of the heart strings that was something I've only got to experience a few times during this project before. 
I really think that in the end we ended up with something very unique and fitting for her. She's so far the only person I've allowed to go back and reshoot her final shot. (I made the mistake of shooting her with her hair up which made the pictures too soft on the focus and didn't do the makeup full justice)
So in the end I ended up with something quite beautiful and I'm happy to say that I got to finally paint her.
So, here she is in all her glory! 



No comments:

Post a Comment